Started Sep 25, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Teak
Regular MemberPosts: 167Gear list
Like?
D600 Dynamic Range Example
Sep 25, 2013

I have struggled with washed out skies in my photos. Today I decided to apply some of the learning's from Bryan Peterson books I have. I metered the shot below from the sky in the upper right hand corner of the frame. I then turned and shot into the sun keeping the focus point on the clouds in the middle. The meter showed one stop overexposure. I ignored the warning and went ahead. The result is below. I had to do some PP to pull shadows from the bottom half (60 in CNX2) however, over all I am very impressed. The subject (suburban sprawl) is not anything to write home about however, I was impressed that I could get blue skies and green grass all in one shot without anything one element getting washed out. Would be interested to get some perspective from the pro's out here as to how they manage or prevent washed out skies.

Teak's gear list:Teak's gear list
Nikon D70 Nikon 1 V1 Nikon D600 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm f/1.8G Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR II +9 more
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow