EOS M, what's the point?

Started Sep 25, 2013 | Discussions thread
Jefenator
Senior MemberPosts: 1,460Gear list
Like?
Re: EOS M, what's the point?
In reply to Peter63, Sep 25, 2013

My main shooter is also a mirrorless (Sony NEX). It can go plenty of places of course, but I usually don't bring it unless there is some expectation that I will be doing some serious shooting. I guess it's just that much bigger and more expensive.

I take the 22mm kit in a belt holster almost everywhere. Walking to work, playing music gigs, almost anything. I'm grateful for all the impromptu photo ops I've been able to exploit. I only leave it home for the most mundane of outings (and more than once I've kicked myself for that). IMHO this is the real niche for the EOS-M, the thing it does a little bit better than any of the others.

The 11-22 has my attention as well. That plus the 22mm kit costs less than just the UWA zoom for my other system. I could bring both systems and not have to change lenses. If it ever becomes readily available here in the states, it's going to be hard to pass up. (Might have gone thru Canada but they're all back-ordered now and my big road trip starts on Friday.)

Jefenator's gear list:Jefenator's gear list
Sony Alpha 7 Sony Alpha NEX-7 Canon EOS M Sigma 30mm F2.8 EX DN Canon EF-M 22mm f/2 STM +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow