Interview with Tereda and other Olympus staff

Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
Olymore
Senior MemberPosts: 1,158
Like?
Re: Interview with Tereda and other Olympus staff
In reply to itsanewdawn, 10 months ago

I wasn't suggesting that later cameras aren't better, rather that statement that suggest m43 can't be used for pro work due to IQ deficiencies are over the top. There are pros on this forum that are happy with it because it meets their needs.
There are wedding photographers still using the original Canon 5d and there was a post on here a couple of days ago discussing a pro photographer who was using a Nikon D2x.

If pros quite happily use these cameras they can quite happily use m43 and gain the benefit of lighter and smaller equipment.

It won't suit all pros but for many it will be fine as the IQ of digital cameras met their needs many years ago.

And for info, I bought the E-M5 for two reasons. The increased DR which for me was important and the viewfinder/ weather sealing and functionality that matches an SLR/DSLR and was sorely lacking on the Pens.

If I had been using larger sensor equipment then it would have met my needs IQ wise a generation or two back.

-- hide signature --

There are 10 types of people.
Those that understand binary and those that don't.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow