What do you think of the Nikon V3 ?

Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
Sr Cordeiro
Regular MemberPosts: 172Gear list
Like?
Re: What do you think of the Nikon V3 ?
In reply to myzel, 10 months ago

And your solution is to remove every direct control and move important settings into a menu?

Having to activate a quick setting menu on the LCD and then swipe across the screen isn't fast. In my opinion it's slow and cumbersome and gets in the way of taking pictures. I would have to use both hands to adjust the most important settings and I couldn't do it on the fly while looking through the viewfinder.

For me it's important that I can change aperture, shutter speed, ISO and exposure compensation while looking through the viewfinder.

Honestly I was thinking the "quick settings" on-screen controls to be more useful to quickly set automatic options wich could be very useful for street photography, for example: just set the aperture from f/2.8 to f/8, the shutter to 1/125 to 1/2000 and the ISO from 100 to 800 and shoot away

But I wouldn't discard both frontal and rear dials to set aperture and shutter speed on the fly too.

-- hide signature --

www.flickr.com/photos/srcordeiro

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow