Started Sep 25, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
BobT
Forum ProPosts: 11,723Gear list
Like?
Comparing XZ-1 to DSLR quality?
Sep 25, 2013

I guess my title suggests that I have made such a comparison.  But instead, I'm asking your opinion on such a match-up.  I've had thoughts of phasing out my DSLR gear, and favoring smaller/lighter stuff instead.  I can't just let go of my DSLR and a couple lenses because they are specific to a couple needs that I have(sports, lower light).  But, the wide to medium range is covered with my XZ-1.  I like the results I'm capable of getting with the XZ-1, and that camera could handle 18-75-ish focal range.  My DSLR is a Canon T2i (a Digital Rebel).  Knowing this, do you feel that the XZ-1 would be a capable replacement for most average (consumer grade) DSLR lens in that same general focal range?

As to my specific image subjects, I'd have to say a jack-of-all-trades.  Things like: family, scenics, cityscapes, tours, architecture, museums, etc.  ....with 11X14 being about the largest prints made.

Would you entrust the XZ-1 to handle those responsibilities? Or do you truly feel that even a consumer level DSLR will easily outshine the results of the Oly?

Thank you.

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow