Which super zoom bridge camera would you recommend and why?

Started 10 months ago | Questions thread
Kings1
Regular MemberPosts: 176
Like?
Re: bridge cameras
In reply to mgd43, 10 months ago

mgd43 wrote:

If you had problems holding the SX50 you'll probably have trouble holding most bridge cameras. The Fujifilm HS50EXR is a little bigger than most bridge cameras so it may be easier for you to hold. I have the similar but older HS20EXR, and its image quality is very good for a bridge camera. If you can find an HS50EXR you should try holding it. It also has a little bigger sensor than most other bridge cameras. I've gotten acceptable (at least to me) photos at ISO 1600.

I actually just got the Nikon P520 from Sam's Club and it does fit my hand a lot better the SX 50. I still assessing whether this is the camera that will meet my needs as I get a 90 day return at Sam's club, but I know in two weeks if it's the camera for me. My only three complaints are no raw capture, no hot shoe and external microphone plug, and it isn't the longest zoom out there.  I going to see if I can find some birds this weekend and see if this camera will cut the long range shots.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow