Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
Richard
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,372
Like?
Re: Why you are reading Thom wrong
In reply to Erik Magnuson, 7 months ago

Erik Magnuson wrote:

Richard wrote:

And Mirrorless is dead. Now before you go getting emotional, ponder the logic.

1.DSLRs act like mirrorless as they are right now. [...]

2. Canikon already have EVF, on the back of the camera for live view. [...]

3. Canikon can make smaller dslrs with APS-C that will be able to compete with mirrorless [...]

None of these are arguments against mirrorless, e.g, a Digital Rebel with an EVF and hence no mirror. This is where I think Thom is making his prediction - that "soon" the mirror will be dropped for low-end EF-S and Nikon DX bodies.

I don't think so. The mirror is not that expensive, less than a EVF, I don't know this for sure.

On the other end of the price spectrum could be a 1DHS or D5HS (High Speed) body with an EVF and extreme frame rate. What's left is to quibble over the definition of "soon" for the first model to appear (next year, two years, five years?) and how long will actual DSLRs with mirrors/optical finders be in the lineup (five years, ten years, or more?)

At this point mirrorless has no advantage and has disadvantages compared to Canikon solutions.

The difference between you and Thom is that you are thinking of mirrorless as only Fuji/Oly/Panny/Sony.

-- hide signature --

Erik

Mirrorless regardless of manufactures offers less, not more. Mirror allows a viewfinder and an EVF.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow