myzel
Senior MemberPosts: 2,054Gear list
Like?
Re: What do you think of the Nikon V3 ?
In reply to Sr Cordeiro, Sep 25, 2013

Sr Cordeiro wrote:

- finally one thing I tought was very important:

The greatest flaw with the V1 is the lack of immediate control

And your solution is to remove every direct control and move important settings into a menu?

but to include more physical buttons could be a overkill in such a small camera. A touch screen could offer all the controls without taking more space. As shown in the last image, a "quick settings" button could bring a menu with the most important settings. All the settings would be quickly adjusted with a swipe movement or switched to "auto". …

Having to activate a quick setting menu on the LCD and then swipe across the screen isn't fast. In my opinion it's slow and cumbersome and gets in the way of taking pictures. I would have to use both hands to adjust the most important settings and I couldn't do it on the fly while looking through the viewfinder.

For me it's important that I can change aperture, shutter speed, ISO and exposure compensation while looking through the viewfinder.

myzel's gear list:myzel's gear list
Nikon 1 V1 Nikon 1 Nikkor 10mm f/2.8 Nikon 1 Nikkor 18.5mm f/1.8 Nikon 1 Nikkor 32mm f/1.2
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow