Why Thom is wrong...

Started Sep 25, 2013 | Discussions thread
Beach Bum
Contributing MemberPosts: 969
Like?
Re: Why Thom is wrong...
In reply to PK24X36NOW, Sep 25, 2013

PK24X36NOW wrote:

Thom (and all of the mirrorless cheerleaders here) are wrong because the mirror provides something no mirrorless camera can EVER provide - a real time, lag free, eyestrain inducing flicker free view through the taking lens that consumes NO battery power.

All things I don't need BTW. Maybe when I'm 70. And, BTW, I've read some posts from pro Photogs here who actually like the Sony A99 EVF a lot more than the traditional OVF.

http://www.dpreview.com/forums/post/51571477

And people choose smaller electronics all the time even if the larger ones offer better ergonomics. None of what you've said is any reason that DSLRs will remain popular among the average consumer. Maybe among the pros, but we're talking about a generation that's growing up on the iPhone, actually using that to type. Talk about poor ergonomics.

The difference between an OVF and EVF won't make any difference to these people. In fact, an EVF may be a bit too luxurious for them. Perhaps if you removed all the hand grips from the camera and made all the operations touchscreen, then it would be something they could embrace.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow