Why most everyone choose Nikon for their first dslr?

Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
Elliern
Regular MemberPosts: 231
Like?
Re: Nikon has cornered the stupid end of the market...
In reply to Beach Bum, 7 months ago

Beach Bum wrote:

pavi1 wrote:

Most everyone does not choose Nikon for their first dslr. A little research will get you close to a correct answer. It is more than 25% and less than 50%.

They have their share, whatever it is, based on reputation, marketing, recommendations from others and perception.

-- hide signature --

Everything happens for a reason. #1 reason: poor planning
WSSA #44

Nikon has cornered the stupid end of the market, those more interested in name and style over substance and quality.

I think that is a rather rude and mean spirited statement.  I chose a Nikon as my first dslr because at the time, I was able to purchase it at a much lower price than a similar Canon that I was also considering.  So you are calling me stupid for that decision?  For me, it was the correct choice.  And obviously I do not consider myself stupid.

I know two retired award winning sport photographers.  Both use Nikons.  I also know a photojournalist who uses only Nikon.  I would never describe these 3 people as stupid.

Nikon and Canon are both excellent cameras and so are many of the other brands.  Calling someone stupid because they decided to buy a Nikon over another brand is just ridiculous.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow