What do you think of the Nikon V3 ?

Started Sep 25, 2013 | Discussions thread
iamthenewguy
Contributing MemberPosts: 786Gear list
Like?
Re: What do you think of the Nikon V3 ?
In reply to Sr Cordeiro, Sep 25, 2013

It's a nice mock-up but three things make me dislike it. First, if it used the same sensor as the RX100II we lose phase detect auto focus. I like the rendering of the Aptina sensor anyway, but no way can the 1 series lose it's hybrid autofocus system and remain relevant. Second, the body itself and it's ergonomics/lack of controls doesn't appeal to me. After getting used to the grip of the V2 I wouldn't want to go back to a V1/J series style of camera. Finally, no built in flash. The built in flash that is on the V2 can be handy in pinch situations when you need fill flash and even though I don't use it often, to take it away would be a step back (in my opinion). Aside from the EVF it seems more like a J series camera mock-up to me. Anyway, good job! This illustrates though how difficult a job Nikon (and all other camera companies) has in trying to please everyone. We all think differently about which features are the most important.

iamthenewguy's gear list:iamthenewguy's gear list
Nikon 1 V2 Nikon 1 Nikkor VR 30-110mm f/3.8-5.6 Nikon 1 Nikkor 10mm f/2.8 Nikon 1 Nikkor 18.5mm f/1.8 Nikon 1 Nikkor VR 6.7-13mm f/3.5-5.6 +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow