Why Thom is wrong...

Started Sep 25, 2013 | Discussions thread
Reilly Diefenbach
Senior MemberPosts: 8,375Gear list
Like?
Re: Why Thom is wrong...
In reply to Richard, Sep 25, 2013

If I were buying a new camera today, I would take a quick look at the OM5/EM1 and discard the notion based on not much weight or size savings compared to the D5200.  The vast selection of great lenses on offer at reasonable prices would seal the deal.  If I want to rent or buy a 600mm lens for wildlife shooting, or a 24-70 to do an event, I'm good to go, everywhere.

Carry on all you want about focus, the D5200 destroys any Olympus for image quality even crippled by its AA filter.  The D7100 is $250 cheaper than the EM1 and outclasses it by an even wider margin in every way and is no chore at all to carry if you're committed to really outstanding photography.  No popup flash on the EM1?  Are you kidding me?

So that's where mirrorless small sensor is going to stay for a good long while.  Pretty good, very expensive smallish camera and lenses, but not smaller enough to make it worth the sacrifice in IQ or the additional outlay.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow