How many still shoot film?

Started Sep 16, 2013 | Discussions thread
Truman Prevatt
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,759Gear list
Like?
Re: Got hooked on films again.
In reply to Mitrajoon, Sep 25, 2013

Mitrajoon wrote:

Am shooting more film now than 10 years ago. Started with reading about the Impossible Project. I dug up a couple of Polaroid SLRs I've had in the closet. Then graduated to a Hasselblad system and last week bought a Yashica TLR. I've noticed used prices for film cameras are really starting to climb, but are still a bargain. Hope the people who make and sell film are seeing the same surge.

-- hide signature --

I think there is an upswing in film.  Ilford just recently opened a processing lab in the US.  What the decline in Kodak has I think done is make Ilford the primary producer of B&W films and Fuji the primary producers of color films.  Back when I was teaching photography (on the side) we did not allow the new students to use their own cameras.  You should have heard them squeal - like stuck pigs.  We checked out a Yashica TLR to each and that is the camera they used for the entire beginner course.

That cut our the brags about my camera is better than yours, this lens is the best and made them concentrate on producing good images from the tools they had.  The TLR is actually a great camera to learn on.

-- hide signature --

Truman
www.pbase.com/tprevatt

Truman Prevatt's gear list:Truman Prevatt's gear list
Nikon D800E Nikon AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.4D Nikon AF Nikkor 85mm f/1.4D Nikon AF Nikkor 135mm f/2D DC Nikon AF Nikkor 180mm f/2.8D ED-IF +6 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow