In Defense of the DSLR

Started Sep 23, 2013 | Discussions thread
alexisgreat
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,293Gear list
Like?
Re: wait til the film generation dies off
In reply to Promit, Sep 25, 2013

Yes, and it seems like Nikon and Canon have "borrowed" technology from mirrorless companies like Olympus (for example Olympus' reliable sensor cleaning technology, liveview, maybe pixel mapping and direct live histogram in the future.)

I actually want to see exposure information and white balance before I shoot. These are digital cameras folks, they are closer to computers than they are old film cameras. As soon as the old film generation dies off, most people will be using "REAL" digital cameras not some mirrored hybrid. And Nikon and Canon corners of the sales market will be lessened when all those people who have legacy lenses are gone.

I personally would NEVER buy a camera with a 3:2 format sensor having had them before and knowing the compromises I had to make for the type of work I do, 4:3 is the format for the digital age, 3:2 time was in the past.

But what I really love about the 4:3 sensors is how light weight the long zoom lenses are.

-- hide signature --

http://Alex_the_GREAT.photoshop.com

alexisgreat's gear list:alexisgreat's gear list
Olympus C-7070 Wide Zoom Fujifilm FinePix HS20 EXR Fujifilm FinePix HS50 EXR Olympus E-520 Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 14-42mm 1:3.5-5.6 +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow