Why most everyone choose Nikon for their first dslr?

Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
Beach Bum
Contributing MemberPosts: 694
Like?
Re: Nikon has cornered the intellectually challenged end of the market...
In reply to Sammy Yousef, 7 months ago

Sammy Yousef wrote:

Beach Bum wrote:

pavi1 wrote:

Most everyone does not choose Nikon for their first dslr. A little research will get you close to a correct answer. It is more than 25% and less than 50%.

They have their share, whatever it is, based on reputation, marketing, recommendations from others and perception.

Nikon has cornered the stupid end of the market, those more interested in name and style over substance and quality.

What's with all the name calling. It's just a brand and a company.

I'm not brand loyal at all. I'll buy the best camera I can at the time. Unfortunately they lock you in with accessories and I can't afford to buy all the major brands. The D70 was an awesome camera at the time and locked me in as a Nikon user. Nikon had and continues to have some interesting advantages to their upper-mid line cameras. Canon has others and would be my other choice if I were to add a second brand. I'm not going to though.

-- hide signature --

Sammy.
My forum postings reflect my own opinions and not those of my employer. I'm not employed in the photo business.

I apologize. The term "stupid" is entirely inappropriate for describing the intellectually challenged. I would update my title, but it's too late to edit it now.

I'm doing this as an olive branch in the hopes that people will use more PC terms to describe the less fortunate among us.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow