Started Sep 25, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Jim Cassatt
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,632Gear list
Like?
Fuji X-E1 vs Canon 5D MKIII--handling
Sep 25, 2013

A lot of times you will look at a picture from a camera and think it looks great until you see it side by side with a similar picture taken by a better camera, lens, etc.

With this comparison in mind, I have recently shot a couple of small weddings.  Usually I use a pair of bodies, Canon 5D MKIII and 5D MKII with a 24-105 f4L IS and 70-200 f2.8 L IS mounted.  Being tired of lugging around the 5D MKII with 70-200 beast on it, I decided to use the Fujifilm X-E1 with 55-200.  Did wonders for my back.  When I generally use the Fuji X-E1 with that lens, response seems perfectly fine.  However, when using it interchangeably with the 5D MKIII, the response of the Fuji is painfully slow: the EVF is not as responsive, the focusing not lightning fast, and there seems to an ever so slight shutter lag.

-- hide signature --
 Jim Cassatt's gear list:Jim Cassatt's gear list
Fujifilm X10 Canon EOS 40D Canon EOS 300D Canon EOS 5D Mark III Fujifilm X-E1 +18 more
Canon EOS 5D Fujifilm X-E1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow