Warning: A3000 emits a fake shutter sound that can't be disabled

Started Sep 23, 2013 | Discussions thread
straylightrun
Contributing MemberPosts: 923Gear list
Like?
Re: The reason why I find the fake shutter sound useful (and other comments)
In reply to OpticsEngineer, Sep 24, 2013

OpticsEngineer wrote:

The mechanical shutter in my A3000 makes about one-third of the noise as the simulated shutter. I appreciate having it so I know when the exposure begins.

The fake shutter sound saves me from making some bad shots. Like when I come indoors, take a shot, and notice a long time between start and end of exposure. I know right away I left the camera on ISO 100 and I fix it and get back to shooting.

Seeing as how the fake shutter is useful, and it is quieter than the mechanical one, a reasonable question is why can't it be disabled...

Wow, you're almost making it sound like a real 'feature'. I really can't wait until Sony puts artificial shutter slapping noises in the new NEX-6r, NEX-7n and FF NEX that can't be disabled! Maybe they could also make it that the bigger and more expensive model it is, the louder the sound gets?

straylightrun's gear list:straylightrun's gear list
Sony Alpha 7S Sony E 16mm F2.8 Pancake Sony 50mm F1.4 Sony 85mm F2.8 SAM Sony E PZ 18-200mm F3.5-6.3 OSS +6 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow