Warming whoops: Scientists debate the falling rate of rising temperatures

Started Sep 18, 2013 | Discussions thread
BorisK1
Veteran MemberPosts: 5,014Gear list
Like?
There's only one little question
In reply to Roger99, Sep 24, 2013

BorisK1 wrote:

Don't you know that all the extra heat is going into this new phenomenon called "the ocean"?

Science can only deal with observable data. Who knew the bloody thing would pop out of nowhere and mess up the predictions?

Now that the ocean happens to be here and affecting the climate, I'm sure they'll add it into the computer models and fix the short-term forecasts any week now.

But not, of course, the long-term trends. Unpredictable little things like oceans, notoriously fickle and prone to appear and disappear at the worst possible moments, could never affect long-term trends.

Yes, thank you.

90% of the heat has been going to the deep ocean it turns out (as explained in the real report rather than the Fox media fantasy version) and when it has sunk enough the thermal inertia has some nasty potentials.  Of course Fox leaves the ocean out of it all of the time.  Some nasty little things going on there they really don't want to focus on it seems.  Alas, just no real way to spin the numbers in their favor.

Someone has really got to do something about Rupert.  The guys a git leading a git army.

-- hide signature --

The one serious conviction one should hold is that nothing should be taken too seriously.
It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain an idea without necessarily accepting it. -Aristotle
..oh, and I see by the lack of responses that I am right yet again.

A few simple questions, if you don't mind: This massive ocean, with its humongous heat inertia, where has it been before? If it didn't just appear out of thin air, why didn't it stop the earlier warning? And finally, how come nobody predicted it would do so now?

BorisK1's gear list:BorisK1's gear list
Olympus Tough TG-1 iHS Olympus E-3 Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 50mm 1:2.0 Macro Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4.0-5.6 Olympus Zuiko Digital 11-22mm 1:2.8-3.5
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow