Dpreview still the slowest kid on the block, where is that G6 review ??

Started Sep 24, 2013 | Discussions thread
Bob Tullis
Forum ProPosts: 27,276Gear list
Like?
Re: Dpreview still the slowest kid on the block, where is that G6 review ??
In reply to jagge, Sep 24, 2013

jagge wrote:

Yet again Dpreview cements is position as propably the slowest review site on the web. How that can be a viable busyness strategy never fails to amaze me.

The G6 has now been pending for 5 MONTHS, which in panasonic terms are propably halfway into the product cycle.

Ohh the G5 review has been pending for 14 months... wow I guess its also a strategy to wait so long that the next model comes out. The point is that it is apparently more difficult for dpreview to make a simple cam review than it is for Panasonic to develop a new camera all together....

In fact there has been no review of the G line since july 2011, think about that. In stead they make reviews of cameras like the new Sony RX100 which clearly is the same as the predecessor more or less.

It seems that dpreview has no sense of where the development is at all. I can be argued that many of the G line cams are so close that it does not warrant a review, in case of the G5 and especially the G6 there are major upgrades though.

Personally I think its a shame that Dpreview are getting slower and slower, and has lost the "finger on the pulse" all together. I would advice anyone to start looking towards much more dynamic sites like cameralabs.com . Especially that site seems to deliver what dpreview once did. Also steve huff is good for user experiences in the mirror less segment.

Not quite a revelation, but it's a sound plan if one had none in place before.  

-- hide signature --

...Bob, NYC
http://www.bobtullis.com
http://www.flickr.com/photos/bobtullis/
"Well, sometimes the magic works. . . Sometimes, it doesn't." - Chief Dan George, Little Big Man

Bob Tullis's gear list:Bob Tullis's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 Olympus E-M1 Rokinon 7.5mm 1:3.5 UMC Fisheye CS Voigtlander Nokton 17.5mm F0.95 Aspherical Olympus 12-40mm F2.8 +21 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow