Reality check ? Is this what m4/3 is really up against ?

Started Sep 24, 2013 | Discussions thread
DLBlack
Forum ProPosts: 11,197Gear list
Like?
Re: Reality check ? Is this what m4/3 is really up against ?
In reply to stimpy, Sep 24, 2013

The are generally speaking two group of users going into mft system.  The first group is the p&s and smartphone upgraders looking for improved iq.  For this group camera size is extremely important.  It is the first group that Olympus and Panasonic targeted with  Pen series and the GF and GX series of cameras.  The other group now being targeted is the advance dslr user looking for a little smallers camera without giving up the user controls of the dslr.  This group is being targed with the OMD series, the GH and G cameras.  For these cameras a slightly larger camera body is needed for space for the control buttons and handling with large lenses.

Itis really nice to see the mft system expand upward into the the semi-pro and pro level cameras, while still keeping the small cameras for those that need a small camera over user controls.

I for one was never interested in the Pen series of cameras, or the GF, GX or G cameras.  The E-M5 got me into the mft system but also found the camera a little too cramp with a lack of  direct control buttons.  I consisted the GH-3 for my second body, but now have the E-M1 on order.  I do enjoy the smaller size body of the OMD cameras when compared to comparible dslr cameras, and this does not mean entry level dslr cameras like the SL1.

DLBlack's gear list:DLBlack's gear list
Pentax K-7 Pentax K-5 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus E-M1 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm 1:4.0-5.6 +26 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow