*** This Week Through YOUR m4/3 2013.09.21 ***

Started Sep 21, 2013 | Discussions thread
Jorginho
Veteran MemberPosts: 7,152Gear list
Like?
Re: Purple Mountains Majesty
In reply to minniev, Sep 24, 2013

That is a very nice landscape! Strange colours indeed.

The second one is the best to my mind. I think all three would benefit a lot from better framing. Like the second pic: I would have placed the shed in the foreground giving things more perspective.

The one with the bizons: The mountains are now just in it and that does not work I think. To my mind, either get more of the sky above it into the frame or lose it. Now it seems the mountains are just cramped in there. Did you want them to be in it, did you really try to get it in. if so, it reminds me of what I do and what I consider to be an error. the endresult is jst that: it is as if it just fits...

Also i see little detail in the clouds and think a graduated Cokintype of filter is very usefull and I consider it a must-have for landscaping. You get better shadow illumination without blowing the skies. Use a good one. I use cheap, but really good 84.5 filters. No colourcast, 19 euro per filter and scratchfree (reviews show they are still easy to scratch..). I use the medium and strong hard version. Light versions are useless it seems, the medium version does not cut it always. the strong hard is too hard. The strong one (nothard) should have been ideal but was out of stock. I am sure that is the best one for landscaping. Look at my gallery and see if you like the results(all from 14 september onwards), Most are shot with these filters and the 12-35 panny. Little PP was done, I am on holidays and do not have Lightroom or Photoshop on the notebook...

have a good time there and keep posting!!

Jorginho's gear list:Jorginho's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-G1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH2 Olympus PEN E-PL5 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH4 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-45mm F3.5-5.6 ASPH OIS +9 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow