Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
Richard
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,369
Like?
Re: Mirrorless is dead.
In reply to Dennis, 7 months ago

Dennis wrote:

Richard wrote:

Look at all the articles both mirrorless and DSLR face stiff competition from the cell phone industry., and the IQ is good enough.

I don't buy that mirrorless and DSLRs face stiff competition from the cell phone industry.

They are both low end. I am not talking pro level cameras. The pros will buy them. Nore the semi pro or advanced amateur, but the lower end

Mirrorless has the chance to get better,

I has not gotten better though, it removed the view finder instead for an EVF and it is not as good.

b. At the low end, they need to compete with $500 DSLRs like the D3100 by offering cameras with viewfinders (Sony A3000 might be a viable option, but I haven't seen one myself) ... not by offering Altoid tins with lenses sticking out of them. And at the high end, they need to round out their systems while maintaining their size advantage.

There's nothing new happening unless someone challenges cell phones for ease of sharing (and even then, that's limited growth). Meanwhile, I think the biggest problem is saturation/maturation. Most people who want a system camera have one and fewer people want to upgrade the one they have.

The reason they don't want to upgrade is because the offerings are going to have to do better than a 41mp camera phone, and none of them have that.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow