In Defense of the DSLR

Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
Promit
Contributing MemberPosts: 890Gear list
Like?
Re: In Defense of the DSLR
In reply to Kodachrome200, 7 months ago

Kodachrome200 wrote:

The fact is the current state of technology EVFs are sad little things that arent nearly up to alot of peoples standards. There plenty of valid reasons to want a full frame sensor. The almost complete lack of professional zoom lenses in the mirrorless segment and other issues with lens choices are real problem for a lot of people. and you have to realize that alot people don't want small light cameras. Not everyone but a high end camera for traveling or for hiking. Sometimes ergonomics are more important than size.

Allow me to ask something of you, please just indulge me. Which mirrorless or EVF based cameras have you used? What lenses have you used? IE what is your actual personal experience with mirrorless equipment?

On a sidenote, last I checked the 7D was considered a credible pro camera, so full frame isn't the end-all. And we're on the eve of full frame NEX so it should be interesting to see where that goes. I also think the "size" and "ergonomics" argument of mirrorless is neither here nor there. A GH3 is a pretty substantial camera, and one can make an argument that the SLT line also counts.

Promit's gear list:Promit's gear list
Sony SLT-A77 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH3 Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH Panasonic Lumix G Vario HD 14-140mm F4-5.8 OIS +11 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow