In Defense of the DSLR

Started Sep 23, 2013 | Discussions thread
paulkienitz
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,918Gear list
Like?
Re: In Defense of the DSLR
In reply to stevo23, Sep 23, 2013

stevo23 wrote:

I don't understand why people have to get so egregious in either direction. I've owned several cameras over the years including an old Contax, a few classic Kodaks, Speed Graphic, some TLRs, a studio 4x5, several compacts including the old "baby rollei" which I still have, a few Nikons and a couple of mirrorless enthusiast zooms. I've enjoyed them all for their strengths and weaknesses and find the history of every camera company fascinating and fun to learn about.

Exactly.  There's no reason whatever to pick a side and spew hate and bile at the other.  I own one of each type, and if I had enough money to buy whatever cameras I wanted, I'd probably still go for one of each type... like for instance pairing a Nikon D800 and V3, or an Oly EM-1 and a medium format.

paulkienitz's gear list:paulkienitz's gear list
Pentax Q Pentax K-3 Pentax smc DA 55-300mm F4.0-5.8 ED Pentax smc DA* 300mm F4.0 ED (IF) SDM Samyang 8mm F3.5 Aspherical IF MC Fisheye +3 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow