In Defense of the DSLR

Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
Midwest
Forum ProPosts: 13,092
Like?
Re: The film SLR was great, too
In reply to TrapperJohn, 10 months ago

TrapperJohn wrote:

I still have my old Nikon F3AF, and the AF lenses and teleconverter made for it. It's built like a tank, you could probably drive nails with the body. Nothing really wrong with it, and it served me well for quite a few years.

Great collector's piece. I would have something like that in my display case in a heartbeat.

It was retired in favor of a dslr, not because the dslr was better, but because it was the same capability, and a lot more convenient.That, in a nutshell, sums up state of the art mirrorless like the EM1 as compared to the latest DSLR's. Same capability, a lot more convenient.

Same capability for SOME things. Not everyone who uses a DSLR could just switch to an EVF and say 'oh, no difference after all'. Not unless they are shooting less demanding subjects.

It really is nice to have a slender little EM5, and a couple of fast primes in a fanny pack, as opposed to a full size DSLR and a bag full of lenses. Definitely more convenient, for me and for the people around me.

If you're happy with it then good for you. BTW I don't have 'a bag full of lenses' for my DSLR. Nobody really needs 'a bag full of lenses' just because they have a DSLR. That's a real straw man.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow