GH3 Viewfinder Coating comes off

Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
sea_dragon
Contributing MemberPosts: 608Gear list
Like?
Re: GH3 Viewfinder Coating comes off
In reply to Rupert Brun, 10 months ago

Rupert Brun wrote:

I think we will have to differ. For a start, I am an engineer and am very aware of the risk to plastics posed by various chemicals, in my view Panasonic should have fitted a "pro" camera with a glass eyepiece not a plastic one. I've not changed my brand of sunscreen for several years and I've never had this problem before. Your theory doesn't explain why one user is now reporting the coating coming off as a result of wiping the EVF with a lens cloth to remove a couple of small drops of rain, when it was in perfect condition before that. The same user (who does use her camera a great deal) is also reporting that the icons are burnt into the viewfinder so they are visible when they are not meant to be.

I want to be clear I'm not a Panasonic Basher, I bought a G1 the first day they were available in the UK, I have a lot of lenses, and I've also got through a GH1, GF1 and GX1 before buying the GH3. But the GH3 viewfinder has been a huge disappointment in many ways, not just the coating coming off.

-- hide signature --

Rupert Brun

I agree completely.

sea_dragon's gear list:sea_dragon's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ150 Panasonic Lumix DMC-TS5 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH3 Panasonic Leica Summilux DG 25mm F1.4 Panasonic 12-35mm F2.8 +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow