rubicon
Senior MemberPosts: 1,630Gear list
Like?
Re: Just bought a medium format
In reply to Colorado CJ, 10 months ago

Colorado CJ wrote:

Truman Prevatt wrote:

Colorado CJ wrote:

I just bought a medium format film camera, a Mamiya RB67 Pro S, for $150.00. The time is right for getting into medium format film. Lenses are around $80+$150 and whole systems can be had for less than $300.

This camera went for over $1000 when new.

You can also pick up whole darkroom setups for pennies.

I have an RB67 and it was my prime camera for a long time. While heavy it along with a 127 mm lens has been pack packed all over the Rocky mountains - winter and summer and all over the Appalachian mountains. Heavy but not near has heavy and bulky as a 4x5 ;-). The nice thing about the RB is the lens shutter. You can compose, then raise the mirror and trip the lens shutter with a cable. That allowed me to use a fairly light weight tripod when I had it in my pack since there was no vibration from the mirror and shutter.

Enjoy.

-- hide signature --

Truman
www.pbase.com/tprevatt

Yeah, I can't wait to start running some film through it! Only problem is, with all the flooding, I can't get to any of my favorite local areas in the mountains.

This will be my first time developing film too. It is going to be a lot of fun!

Spent yesterday cleaning off all the old light seals and replacing them. Looking through that waist level finder is a whole new experience, and in itself, made getting this camera worth it. Can't stop looking through it.

Great going, I used to shoot with a friend who used the same camera  only he used the 180 lens and a 90, you're in for a treat wait till you shoot some slides and look at those "puppies" on a light box! you might just want to wear sunglasses, that big slide and that light WOW! I have a secret desire for a Hasselblad and a 50 lens, maybe someday, thanks for the pic, and enjoy.

Be carefull in the area where all water devastation has happened.

Rubicon:

rubicon's gear list:rubicon's gear list
Nikon D90 Nikon D2X Nikon D200 Nikon D700 Nikon AF DX Fisheye-Nikkor 10.5mm f/2.8G ED +6 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow