*** This Week Through YOUR m4/3 2013.09.21 ***

Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
lambert4
Senior MemberPosts: 1,212Gear list
Like?
Weather broke in the desert, we weren't the only ones enjoying the trail...
In reply to Wormsmeat, 11 months ago

Intermittent low clouds, made for a great ride, and IBIS made taking this shot one handed on a bumpy trail at 5-10 Mph possible...

This critter was crossing our path my guess is 3-4 feet in length and a large  bulge seems to indicate he just finished breakfast.  I had just started leading the group at about 6 miles in, and my son auger end into the drear of my bike as he has a tendency to look in every direction except the one he is headed in.  Sorry I had the 17mm mounted and couldn't get closer since I had to haul the family back and didn't want to get bitten.

A serious crop pushing the limits of any sort of clarity, western diamond back rattle snake middle of trail in Scottsdale AZ shows that even in a fairly urban environment, nature still rules.  We gave it a wide birth and my son was certainly more vigilant in watching the trail after rear ending me when I spotted this and he failed to hear or see me signal him to stop.

I have rarely encountered rattlers on the trails, only one other time and it didn't end as well, the last one ended in my front wheel and was an awful mess and resulting fall.  The typical occurrence is first rider spooks them they coil up and second or following rider gets struck on bike they tend to strike the wheel as it is the first physical threat the see from the followers.  As runners on these trails they sometimes aren't as lucky.

Just snapshots but having the OMD slung around my neck, and being comfortable with its always at the ready is nice.

-- hide signature --

Here's to learning something new everyday, and remembering it the next.

lambert4's gear list:lambert4's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow