Started Sep 23, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Nivedita
Regular MemberPosts: 366Gear list
Like?
I just ordered an EM-5
Sep 23, 2013

Since I gave my other mirrorless camera (Samsung NX300 - a decent one) to my brother when I went to India, I have decided to come back to m43. I have used GH2 in the past (with 14-140 lens).

I have decided not to wait for EM-1 as it is slightly out of my budget

I have ordered EM-5 because when I looked at the JPG, I see that Olympus is still better (I know that Panny may be close enough). I may not be spending much time in processing RAW and hence preferred Oly.

Right now I have ordered Olympus EM-5 with  45mm F1.8 lens. I will be adding Panny 20mm F1.7 (probably the older version - to conserve money) and trying to get a zoom. I see that there are some places where I can get the 14-45mm Panasonic lens and I am leaning toward it. Later, I may add an Olympus 40-150 lens.

Is there any reason to get Olympus 12-50mm in place of Panasonic 14-45mm (other than a little bit wider and longer FOV)?

Your comments and suggestions are greatly appreciated.

-Nivedita

Nivedita's gear list:Nivedita's gear list
Sony Alpha 7 II Sony FE 55mm F1.8 Sony FE 24-70mm F4 OSS Sony FE 70-200 F4 +1 more
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow