Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
flowington
New MemberPosts: 2
Like?
canon 7d(ML) or blackmagic pocket camera? for budget/novice users
7 months ago

due to unfortunate circumstances(thievery :[) me and my buddy are purchasing a new camera soon. we owned a sony nex 5n for about 8 months and instead of replacing that with another nex we want to take a step up quality wise. we mostly shoot high movement/action(dancing at nightclubs and festivals) but also landscape stuff from time to time. low light performance and wide angle shots are pretty important to us. also he is much less camera/computer savvy than me so user-friendliness is a concern but not a huge one.

with our budget i've narrowed down the choices between 7d and BMPC. definitely leaning towards the 7d. it's a good deal cheaper and magic lantern hack seems to make it a much more versatile camera... maybe not on the high-end/film making spectrum but i fear that with my lack of experience, thrifty spending(i dont plan on spending >$300 on a lens) and shooting goals(just going to be making stuff for youtube/vimeo, also the crop factor on BMPC is a turnoff) that i wont be able to fully take advantage of the BMPCs strengths anyway. just trying to get the most bang for my buck and would appreciate some advice from more experienced shooters :).

if theres any other cameras in this price range i should be looking at feel free to suggest them. or if you think i should just get another nex or gh2 and spend the money i save on lenses lol.

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow