Nikon D7100 - Six months after joining the "Dark Side"

Started Sep 21, 2013 | Discussions thread
jderrico
New MemberPosts: 9Gear list
Like?
Re: Nikon D7100 - Six months after joining the "Dark Side"
In reply to RudyPohl, Sep 23, 2013

Rudy,
Nice article--thanks.  I have a D700 with all the trimmings and five good lenses.  It's a fantastic camera, but I, too, have become addicted to my recently purchased (May 2013) FZ200.  The FZ200 still photos and photos of nearby birds are amazingly sharp at 100%.  I was at the Publix-Atlanta Cup soccer tournament on 31 August 2013, and the handheld action photos I was able to take at considerable distances with the FZ200 were great.  Many of them were not tack sharp at 100%, but acceptably sharp nonetheless, and I do not intend to print large posters of them.  I also bought a Fujifilm Finepix HS50EXR and haven't been able to get a sharp photo yet.  For all my still photos, I use a beanbag, monopod, or tripod.  I haven't given up yet on the Fujifilm HS50.  I'm blaming myself for the lack of sharp photos, and I intend to keep trying until I either hit the right combination or realize that it's just not going to deliver.

I enjoyed your article.  Keep up the good work.

jderrico's gear list:jderrico's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ70 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-70mm f/3.5-4.5G ED-IF
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow