Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Florida Nature Photographer
Senior MemberPosts: 4,050Gear list
Like?
Tips for new m43 convert?
11 months ago

Last night I committed to upgrading from my FZ200 bridge camera to your world by ordering an E-M1.

In the 15 months since I started taking photography seriously I have spent a lot of time learning my craft by watching YouTube videos about various aspects of photography and post processing in Lightroom.

What are the biggest differences I can expect to experience that I need to become comfortable with?

What techniques will I have to change?

What things should I be sure not to overlook that I wouldn't have been able to take advantage of before?

If things work as I hope the new camera will arrive a few days before I leave on a "fall colors" vacation. I want to do as much as I can to prepare myself ahead of time since I will have little if any time to practice with my new gear before I leave.

-- hide signature --

Florida

Florida Nature Photographer's gear list:Florida Nature Photographer's gear list
Olympus E-M1 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 7-14mm F4 ASPH Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 50-200mm 1:2.8-3.5 SWD Olympus 12-40mm F2.8 Topaz Adjust +3 more
Olympus E-M1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow