Nikon D7100 - Six months after joining the "Dark Side"

Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
Vandyu
Veteran MemberPosts: 7,945Gear list
Like?
Re: Nikon D7100 - Six months after joining the "Dark Side"
In reply to rfactor, 11 months ago

Ryan, my first DSLR was a D50 and it does have great OOC jpegs. I made a mistake by thinking its big brother, the D70s, was a better camera. It required much more PP because of its conservative default settings. So, I'm glad to hear that there are D50 cameras being used and enjoyed. They are very serviceable and a good way to start out without breaking the bank. I'll be interested to see what Nikon comes up with when it continues to talk about a much smaller DSLR, similar to the Canon 100D/SL1. Nikon came up with a much-appreciated dimunitive DSLR several years ago with the D40, but I didn't much care for the viewfinder nor the three focus points.

-- hide signature --

"Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think." (A.A. Milne)

Vandyu's gear list:Vandyu's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ150 Nikon D80 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6G ED-IF Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR II Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6G VR +9 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow