ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Florida Nature Photographer
Senior MemberPosts: 4,349Gear list
Like?
E-M1 - Neutral Density Filters - Other Accessories
Sep 22, 2013

I have taken my place in line for the following:

Olympus OM-D E-M1 Mirrorless Micro Four Thirds Digital Camera (Body Only)

Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm f/4.0-5.6 R Lens (Black)

Olympus M. Zuiko Digital ED 12-40mm f/2.8 PRO Lens

I have this 52mm nine stop Hoya Neutral Density Filter for my FZ200. I was disappointed to see that the 40-150 has a filter thread of 62mm and the 12-40 has a filter thread of 58mm. Seems like this means I need to buy two new Neutral Density Filters?

Now that I am about to start using a higher level of equipment will these $40 filters do a disservice to my new system? I see there are some that cost hundreds. And what is the best way to give myself more flexibility in the level of darkness I can simulate?

Also, what recommendations are there regarding hoods for these lenses? Do I need to buy two of those as well?

I am going to order extra batteries and SD cards. Is the added expense of the high speed SD cards worthwhile for th E-M1?

Are there other accessoriesI should be acquiring while I wait for my camera to arrive? With luck the camera and 40-150 will arrive just before I leave for vacation next month and I want to be prepared to play with my new toy.

-- hide signature --

Florida

Florida Nature Photographer's gear list:Florida Nature Photographer's gear list
Olympus E-M1 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 7-14mm F4 ASPH Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 50-200mm 1:2.8-3.5 SWD Olympus 12-40mm F2.8 Topaz Adjust +3 more
Olympus E-M1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow