Add the X-M1 as a field/upland body?

Started Sep 17, 2013 | Discussions thread
Keith Jefferies
Regular MemberPosts: 123Gear list
Like?
Re: Add the X-M1 as a field/upland body?
In reply to Birddogman, Sep 22, 2013

I’ve been trying the Black Widow “holster” system for the past two days. I am not nearly ready to give up on it, but so far it is not shaping up as a good solution to my problem of how to carry a camera securely and out of the way, but yet available for instant access with one hand. It’s hard to operate the system with one hand, the camera dangles and bangs against your leg with every step; and it’s hard to replace the camera in the “holster” (actually it’s just a slot strapped onto one’s belt) with one hand. The whole rig is even more awkward when the 55-200mm lens is on the camera – fortunately I don’t use that lens very often. I’m going to try sewing the Black Widow slot/receptacle on to my hunting vest – maybe that will work.

Hi Gregg,

Not sure if this will help, as I haven't personally used it.

Have a look at the Bilora B-Grip from B&H for $44.99. Unlike the Black Widow it seems to hold the camera steady rather than letting it swing around on a ball joint. Seriously thing of getting one myself.

kind regards

Keith Jefferies's gear list:Keith Jefferies's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix X100 Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS20 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ1000 Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX100
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow