Started Sep 22, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
MPA1
Senior MemberPosts: 2,929Gear list
Like?
How to treat files for A1 and A2 printing
Sep 22, 2013

I very rarely print my work (I no longer even own a photo printer) but have a large exhibition coming up and I am getting the print files ready for the printer.

The exhibition is outdoors and the prints are being made direct onto 3mm plastic substrate using a commercial printer.

The files will be PDF's in a CMYK space.

At present I am working through the images getting them ready for printing and, as I say, I rarely do this so this is an area of less than in depth knowledge (most of my work goes to clients as electronic files).

The two types of files are 12Mp NEF files and 16Mp raw files from a Panasonic GH3.

Landscape orientation images will be A1 and portrait orientation will be A2 (that way the boards will have the same height when exhibited in line).

What is the best way to prepare the image files for use in this particular situation? I am thinking I would export from Aperture as Adobe RGB TIFF files and upscale in either PS or Perfect Resize 7 (I have both).

In practice this yields mixed results so wondered if there were other ways or things I ought to do etc.

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow