Thom Hogan: Impact of mFT on Nikon DX line

Started Sep 20, 2013 | Discussions thread
Sergey_Green
Veteran MemberPosts: 7,182Gear list
Like?
Wow, so many stores (and stories) ..
In reply to erichK, Sep 22, 2013

erichK wrote:

Such logic, in an industrial sector as complex as high end photo retail, is absurdly simplistic. As has been noted frequently, even megacorporation like Sony, with all their brand prominence, global distribution infrastructure and advertising.

All the retailers I know (Henry's and Visitek in Toronto (both also national chains) Don's Photo (a central Canada Chain), The Camera Store (a very highly regarded Calgary pro shop), London Drugs (a western Canadian chain with extensive camera department) and McBain's (ten Alberta stores, mainly in Edmonton) have, at different times, reported that the OM-D, especially, was selling really well, and that the PL-5 and PM-2 tended to move quickly, as I looked at these cameras and bought my OM-D and PL-5 and my set of lenses for them.

And this has been on for several years now? Olympus is not new in this business, how come their imaging division does not make any profits then?

-- hide signature --

- sergey

Sergey_Green's gear list:Sergey_Green's gear list
Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow