Nikon D7100 - Six months after joining the "Dark Side"

Started Sep 21, 2013 | Discussions thread
RudyPohl
Senior MemberPosts: 2,963
Like?
Re: stuck in the dark
In reply to James Pilcher, Sep 22, 2013

James Pilcher wrote:

Thanks for your comments, Rudy. It sounds like you are still on the Dark Side, but enjoying yourself. Any plans to pick up another FZ200, just to have it around? Or are you scared that having it around will make you realize what you've done and send you into a funk? (big smile)

I do some wildlife photography in Florida, it's occasional and not my primary interest. I'm thinking about a Nikon V2 with Nikkor 70-200mm f/4 with adapter. That makes it a 190-540mm f/4. Thom Hogan commented that he thinks that's a useful combination. Fast AF, 1 inch sensor, and 540mm f/4. Enticing.

Enjoy your life with Nikon. It could be worse; you might have jumped to Canon.

Jim Pilcher
Summit County, Colorado, USA

Hi James:

Thanks for your response. No I have no plans to purchase another FZ00 or any other camera while I still have the present gear. I really believe in sticking with one kit and working with that alone to produce the best images I possibly can - I don't want to be double-minded between two cameras. My level of comfort, familiarity and ability with a quality DSLR rig is now at a point where I can produce photos that I am quite pleased with. I have also tried to develop my fieldcraft to a point where I am regularly able to get in close to my subjects and get some unique and compelling shots. You are right I am really enjoying it and hope to for some time to come.

What concerns me is when some folks speak in too glowing terms about the wonders of DSLR photography over the capabilities of good bridge cameras and thus leaving the impression that the later cannot be used for doing "serious" photography. This is simply not true and I really wanted to confirm the folks here in their excellent choice of an excellent camera in the FZ200.

Cheers,

Rudy

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow