Nikon D7100 - Six months after joining the "Dark Side"

Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
RudyPohl
Senior MemberPosts: 2,929
Like?
Re: Nikon D7100 - Six months after joining the "Dark Side"
In reply to in_focus, 11 months ago

in_focus wrote:

Hi, Rudy .. happy to hear from you - glad you are doing well on the "Dark Side".. I haven't moved and I'm still on the Sunny Side (of the Alps) LOL - also very content with my little pocketable gem LX5 - was once there and couldn't store the heavy rig in my pocket - main reason for my migration .. would be nice to see some of your recent work. Please don't be a stranger and pay us a visit or contribute in weekly threads where any brand of camera is welcome.

Kind regards,

-- hide signature --

Bruno

Hi Bruno:

So nice to hear from you and yes, I know you were once where I am now, lugging all the gear around. This is something I had/have to do if for no other reason than to push my personal envelope and challenge myself in the craft, and of course the great opportunity I was given by the store manager. I was very careful to buy everything except the camera and initial lens used and at a good price which will make selling the stuff, should that day ever come, much less painful. So far I am still on that journey of discovery and not regretting a moment of it, but one never knows what the future will bring. I may one day return to a bridge camera, who knows. I wanted to be very honest in my assessment so as not to foster any illusions in people's mind about the myth of a DSLR paradise... yes, great photos are possible but at an enormous cost... people should realize that.

By the way Bruno, I still fondly remember (and miss) your fabulous landscape compositions of your beautiful country Slovenia, I'm sure you are continuing to generate your master images!

Cheers,

Rudy

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow