ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
RossK
New MemberPosts: 4
Like?
Should I use ImageBrowser EX or Digital Photo Professional
10 months ago

Hi,

I've just taken my first photos with a Canon 6D and downloaded the software to edit the pictures before printing.

Could someone tell me please if there will be any difference in the results I get by using ImageBrowser EX's edit function compared to Digital Photo Professional's Tool Palette.

Being a beginner, I'm only going to start by adjusting brightness, tone, saturation, contrast - so do both typs of software do this equally well?

I presume cropping (ImageBrowser) as opposed to trimming (DPP) produces the same results if i put 7 and 5 in the custom size for 7in x 5in prints.

The problem when I tried DPP was that whenever I did change something on the image like brightness and then I clicked Save As, while the new brighter version appeared in DPP, there was no sign of the new brighter version of the image in my original folder which contained all my original pictures in the Mypictures folder, nor was it in the desktop folder. And as I don't print my own images - I upload them on to Truprint's site - it's the Mypictures folder that I use to upload them all to Truprint. So I want any edited images I create to appear in Mypictures

Thanks for any tips

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow