Just a K-5 IIs test.

Started 11 months ago | Photos thread
Robgo2
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,503
Like?
Re: Just a K-5 IIs test.
In reply to Jim Beverlin, 11 months ago

Jim Beverlin wrote:

Ron - Then in your opinion does both the KII and KIIS take sharper, better defined images than the K-5?

JRB

I'll toss in my opinion, having just upgraded from a K-5 to a K-5II.  The K-5II's great advantage is its very precise and consistent autofocus.  My K-5's AF has a tendency to wander, resulting in fewer tack sharp images. In addition, I think that the K-5II is a bit sharper, independent of focusing accuracy.  I suspect that the sensor and/or the AA filter have been tweaked slightly from the K-5, although I don't know that to be a fact. Personally, I think that the increased risk of moire with the K-5IIs is not worth the additional sharpness.  I know many people claim that they have never seen moire, which simply means that they have not looked for it carefully and have never printed at a large size.  I suppose it's also possible if they only shoot landscapes. Also, with proper deconvolution sharpening in the raw/capture stage, K-5II files can be brought up to the same level of sharpness as those from the K-5IIs, but you have to have the right raw convertor to do the job.

Rob

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow