Started Sep 16, 2013 | Discussions thread
Colorado CJ
Regular MemberPosts: 484
Like?
Re: Just bought a medium format
In reply to Truman Prevatt, Sep 21, 2013

Truman Prevatt wrote:

Colorado CJ wrote:

I just bought a medium format film camera, a Mamiya RB67 Pro S, for $150.00. The time is right for getting into medium format film. Lenses are around $80+$150 and whole systems can be had for less than $300.

This camera went for over $1000 when new.

You can also pick up whole darkroom setups for pennies.

I have an RB67 and it was my prime camera for a long time. While heavy it along with a 127 mm lens has been pack packed all over the Rocky mountains - winter and summer and all over the Appalachian mountains. Heavy but not near has heavy and bulky as a 4x5 ;-). The nice thing about the RB is the lens shutter. You can compose, then raise the mirror and trip the lens shutter with a cable. That allowed me to use a fairly light weight tripod when I had it in my pack since there was no vibration from the mirror and shutter.

Enjoy.

-- hide signature --

Truman
www.pbase.com/tprevatt

Yeah, I can't wait to start running some film through it! Only problem is, with all the flooding, I can't get to any of my favorite local areas in the mountains.

This will be my first time developing film too. It is going to be a lot of fun!

Spent yesterday cleaning off all the old light seals and replacing them. Looking through that waist level finder is a whole new experience, and in itself, made getting this camera worth it. Can't stop looking through it.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow