Thom Hogan: Impact of mFT on Nikon DX line

Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
TrapperJohn
Forum ProPosts: 10,427
Like?
I think Thom may be overstating a bit
In reply to sderdiarian, 11 months ago

But clearly, there are changes coming. They're already here. Think back to film, been with us for over a century, was still going strong in the 90's... gone in less than a decade.

I don't think C/N will fail like RIM just did, definitely won't go away, but if they aren't careful, they may end up tarnishing their image as the photographic leaders. Brands like that tend to have a 'get out of jail free' card from their loyal customers as regards missteps. C/N just used theirs. Their next mirrorless effort had better be good, real good.

I do know that I've had a ball with the little EM5. Haven't enjoyed a new camera this much for a very long time. Even just that sense of childlike wonder and amazement, when I pulled it out of the box for the first time - it's so small, and it's such a jewel. Nice to find that in use, it backed up that first impression with the boost in DR, the killer IBIS, and a few other things. Heck, the EVF was pretty darn good, and I was concerned about that.

CSC is here to stay, and it's where all the really interesting things in photography are happening.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow