Battery drain while connected to USB port?

Started Jan 18, 2013 | Questions thread
andy8400
New MemberPosts: 1
Like?
Re: A Related Question
In reply to ADMint, 11 months ago

I have owned over the years a Nikon D70, D80, D90, D600 and currently a D800. I have always used the usb ports (rather wear out the USB port than the card slot) and although they all drain the battery, it became evident within a few days of purchase that the D800 drained it down much faster than even seemingly the D600.

Thanks to this forum, I know it is intrinsic to this model (and apparently others reported above) and I am attributing this by process of elimination to the USB3 format which is not found even on the newer D600. I don't know if it would be different if I had a USB3 computer rather than currently downconverting to USB2 but I never had this problem to be so severe until the D800. Being aware if it, I will just be more conscientious about disconnecting it after downloading. Just thought I would share this difference. For a moment I had considered that I had a bad battery but fortunately it is not the case. Thanks.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow