save all bookmarked pages to disk for offline viewing?

Started Sep 21, 2013 | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
technic
Veteran MemberPosts: 8,618Gear list
Like?
save all bookmarked pages to disk for offline viewing?
Sep 21, 2013

Over the years I have gathered a big collection (thousands) of bookmarks in my browser (currently Firefox) for photography articles and many other stuff on the web that is useful to me. But from time to time bookmarked pages are deleted from the web, or the URL is changed or the contents of the page get lost or changed so the bookmarked information is lost for me.

There are utilities and plugins for downloading webpages to disk e.g. for 'offline reading', but AFAIK none that does the job for me. What I'm looking for is a way to automatically download all my bookmarked pages to disk, so they can no longer get lost and can be searched for keywords etc. I tried googling for a solution but it is difficult to ask the right question for this

Saving pages to disk manually is not an option because of all the time involved. Some utility or plugin that can handle no longer existing webpages, set a limit on the amount of space a bookmarked page takes up etc. would be nice. Ideally I would be able to browse all the offline pages just like I can now view them online through my browser bookmarks. Any suggestions?

technic's gear list:technic's gear list
Canon EOS 450D Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II Canon EF 200mm f/2.8L II USM Canon EF 300mm f/4.0L IS USM Canon EF-S 15-85mm f/3.5-5.6 IS USM +5 more
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow