Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
rrr_hhh
Veteran MemberPosts: 5,919Gear list
Like?
Re: And I was wondering ..
In reply to Sergey_Green, 11 months ago

Sergey_Green wrote:

rrr_hhh wrote:

It isn't as simple as you make it : the real question is how much more weight and bulk people will accept for the marginal IQ they would gain and that marginal IQ increase (which many people didn't really need) comes along with a huge size/weight increase (often the total gear weight is twice as heavy).

Four times the area of the imager will produce marginal IQ increase, you serious? Ok, how about that; for the same camera, same focal length, and the same money (one to one), which lens would you buy, f/2.8 or f/5.6? And why? We are not even talking about DR and MPx, the difference should be marginal anyway, right? So just DoF and the total light, on the same system, which would it be?

you have postponed the debate : the original poster was speaking of APSC format. Hence my reference to the marginal increase in IQ. Also for those shooting Canon whose cameras don't have the best sensor, yes the IQ increase is marginal. You get twice the weight but far less than twice the IQ, and if you are going for those heavy fast zooms and lenses, I bet the weight would be three time as much.

And yes : some people are willing to pay more (or the same amount) for less. And it is way less in bulk and wheight but very few less in IQ and possibilities.

Some people do whatever, why should you care?

Because I'm one of those people. Everyone is different has different needs and different priorities. And everyone has the right to care for what he wants.

-- hide signature --

rrr_hhh

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow