Upgrade/replace my Intuos 4 for mouse replacement feature?

Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
motion
Contributing MemberPosts: 692
Like?
Upgrade/replace my Intuos 4 for mouse replacement feature?
11 months ago

I'm looking for a solution which will lessen the physical strain and make my work routine more efficient regarding the mouse connected to my Mac Pro:

• a high precision "gaming" mouse pad of glass or metal (such as the Geared Titan, Steelseries SX, Steelseries Experience 1-2 or Razer Manticor) for better precision/less movement needed
  • a Kensington trackball (Orbit scroll ring, Expert mouse, Slimblade) for the same reasons as the trackball
  • an Apple Magic Trackpad, also for less strain and needing less desk space
  • a Wacom Bamboo pen & Touch/Intuos Pen & Touch, same reasons as the trackball and Magic trackpad

I already have an Intuos 4 (medium), but a final solution to the mouse issue would be to replace it altogether with an Intuos Pro (medium) as an "all in one" mouse/tablet solution. It would certainly save desktop space, do away with a wireless connection such as with the Apple Magic Trackball and probably allow me to work more efficiently not having to switch devices all the time.

From the specs/reviews the Intos Pro seems to do everything my Intuos 4 can do, but can it also fully replace a mouse? I read somewhere that you need to change its mode in order to use it as a "touch mouse" which if true is a minor letdown, but since I use the mouse for most of my tasks it would be no biggie to change modes when I need to use the tablet pen for Photoshop, Lightroom etc.

What are your experiences with this and what would you suggest I do?

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow