Thom Hogan: Impact of mFT on Nikon DX line

Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
unknown member
(unknown member)
Like?
Re: Impact of mFT on Nikon DX line is NIL.
In reply to rrr_hhh, 11 months ago

rrr_hhh wrote:

wrote:

Cipher wrote:

sderdiarian wrote:

Many were taken by surprise by how well the E-M5 sold and that it won DPR's reader's choice award. Had Olympus priced the E-M1 to match the D7100, I think they'd have another runaway success on their hands this holiday season. People do read reviews and don't have to see the cameras in a big box store to buy them, as the E-M5 proved.

-- hide signature --

Sailin' Steve

That is just a reflection of the global market share of the big two. That is not likely to change in a short lapse of time. However, look at DPreview home page : the E-M5 almost never left the top ten of the number of specs/ review clicks. It isn't only due to the recent announcement of the E-M1 and people wanting to compare it. It has been so during all the summer. Yet the body is now more than a year and a half old (it was announced in February 2012) and is still getting around 2.5% of the clicks.

-- hide signature --

rrr_hhh

The old OM Magic .... I have a Nikon DX, very happy with it, but was very tempted at first by the OM.

Maybe if I did not shoot sports I would have bought one or a NEX 7 which is wonderful too, but it is still a hefty investment in camera/ lenses and with the Nion / Canon, a lot more good condition used pro level lenses available at excellent prices.

Still, the OM is surely a great camera. Nikon right now in DX seems to be the 'churn them out' volume approach re cameras. D3XXX, D5XXX, D7XXX....push volume. low price But no DX00's as some are looking for.

-- hide signature --

Amateur photographer. Enjoy.....believe in yourself..

Bajerunner's gear list:Bajerunner's gear list
Nikon D300 Nikon AF-Nikkor 80-200mm f/2.8D ED +8 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow