Started Sep 21, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Barry Stewart
Veteran MemberPosts: 8,259Gear list
Like?
Odd conversation with a pro today
Sep 21, 2013

A school photo crew was at my school today and as the two-person team was finishing my class, I asked the senior shooter what kind of Nikons they were using. (I could see the Nikon badge, but the cameras were shielded in various gear, so I couldn't tell the model.)

It's a very professional organization and set-up they have... and I have no doubt that the man really knows his job. He had a good rapport with the kids and was careful to get the poses just right.

He was a professional photographer.

Now, I'd think that such a person would know what kind of camera he was using — but he didn't, so he turned the camera to face us and squinted to read the label, "D...S...X."

I hadn't heard of such a Nikon, so I looked closer and read "D2X."

"Ah yes: D2X."

To him, it must have just been a tool of the trade... a black box that gives him nice pictures when he presses the shutter... yet many of us here fret over our cameras as if they are our children!

-- hide signature --

Barry

Barry Stewart's gear list:Barry Stewart's gear list
Olympus C-5060 Wide Zoom Olympus E-1 Olympus PEN E-PL5 Olympus E-M1 Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 50mm 1:2.0 Macro +9 more
Nikon D2X
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
MGDNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow