Is now a good time to purchase a DP 2 Merrill, is a DP successor around the corner?

Started Jul 31, 2013 | Questions thread
lensez
Forum MemberPosts: 97Gear list
Like?
Re: Is now a good time to purchase a DP 2 Merrill, is a DP successor around the corner?
In reply to PrebenR, 10 months ago

PrebenR wrote:

SigmaChrome wrote:

or even reversed the idea and offered a discount to folks who have never owned a Sigma camera.

That doesn't make any sense at all.

-- hide signature --

Lightwriting with Sigma

I agree with PrebenR.  It's often a mistake to offer deals to new customers and cut out current customers.

Offering discounts to current owners is smart because it is good for customer loyalty.  Sometimes current customers are unhappy to see "new customers only" on price deals.  The current customers may think, "Why should these other guys get a deal and I don't get a deal?  I've already supported this brand with my money.  Now that that company has my money they care more about a stranger than they do about me, their current customer."

So give deals to current customers and they will buy more in the future.  And loyal customers help attract new customers too.
--
Gary K

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow